Loving: A step towards change





Love is a powerful emotion every human is capable of feeling and expressing. But some choose not to love because of previous experiences which have proven discouraging to do so. Nevertheless, love is one of those things that should not be given up on. Just like we fight for life every day, we should strive to love even on the hardest day.




Usually when the topic LOVE is mentioned, what comes to the mind of most people is a certain type of love known as ROMANCE. The lovey- dovey, cuddling- kissing, smiling-crying, blind kind of love that seems perfect. Almost everyone wants to have this particular kind of love. But what they don’t readily realize is that love isn’t all about romance; a type of love that is just between two people, it is about something greater, it is about something more encompassing, it is phenomenal in itself, it is life changing, world changing. It is one of the most effective measure and powerful tool for positive change in our world.





So many times, I sit and I try to imagine a world where love is in existence and its occupants truly and deeply cared about each other, in that world, I saw peace and order, I saw all round development. I saw no terrorism, not even an intent of it, no corruption, no poverty, no killings, no thirst for revenge and most importantly no heart breaks just SERENITY. Probably God saw the same five thousand years ago and decided to take a step towards love, a step towards change by sending his only son Jesus Christ as an expression of HIS love for the redemption of our souls.



Then it occurred to me, that if we all wanted to see the change we have been clamouring for, if we all wanted to live in a better world, we have to offer it redemption. By offering redemption, we all have to take a step towards loving of ourselves truly, loving our neighbours unconditionally and caring for our environment deeply. By so doing our world could become the world of our dreams, a world we are proud to be part of.

Have a beautiful week, I love you and there’s nothing you can do about it๐Ÿ˜Œ❤️

Ps: Show yourself, somebody(people sef) and your environment some love this week

                                                                 Ifedolapo 

 



Comments

  1. Oh the world would be so much better with love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Love really is sacrifice, to put it in the plainest terms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of the numerous interpretations of what love is, sacrifice is definitely one

      Delete
  3. I love you Dolapo ❤️❤️๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dolapo, I hope you're good.

    I read through this post with smiles and occasionally, small giggles. You know why? No, it's not because I agree with everything you've written and it's definitely not because I'm in love or any of that stuff. It's because I find your perspective on love quite innocent and a bit amusing (excuse my directness). It's err...what's the word?๐Ÿค”, yes, ADORABLE, that's the one!

    Stay with me, I'm getting at something.

    So, Gandhi, huh?, the man was a bloody idealist and with good reason too. He had to be one, his totality depended on it but let's leave that guy first.

    Love is wayyyyy more complicated than you portray, it hurts, hell, it STINGS! It's more than an "emotion", more than the good stuff, more than the bloody "SERENITY" even, it could be really chaotic sometimes but yet, true.

    The reason why it is impossible to have a world void of vices and evil is because we, in fact, live in a fallen world. God didn't send His son to die so that the world can be rid of evil, there was a bigger problem to be attended to and that was that all of mankind was headed in one direction; eternal damnation. The world will always remain evil, always—it operates a fallen system!

    The whole point of my story? LOVE FRIGGIN' HURTS! It's not perfect and that's okay because you know what? True love endures hardship, it doesn't have to but it does! And hopefully, nothing separates us from the love of Christ, that is what matters, actually.

    P.S: This is my honest take on your post. No matter how harsh this might seem, it's not meant to rile anyone up in anyway. I'm a preacher of love myself๐Ÿ˜Š and I'd love to meet you one day and tell you in person how much I respect your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment is probably one I look forward to below my post ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
      Like such honesty is beautiful to me!๐Ÿ˜‚ like you said it can be harsh sometimes and it would probably not have me smiling, feeling good about myself but it will offer me keen perspective.

      So, yeah thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

      This post was written almost a year ago, when I was all about love being an emotion but I can assure you as a consequence of time passing and some consistent exposure to certain factors or should I say the world๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ that has been refined. But I still strongly believe that it doesn’t make the message in this post irrelevant.

      Here’s why

      When you ask the average person to talk about love, what they will probably tell you is one of their heart break experiences or the evil things happening in the world right now and I fear it is gradually becoming what Chimamanda would describe as the single story, in this case the single story of love. Though their experiences are very valid, it doesn’t change the fact there is some sort of genuine love in the world no matter how small it could be.
      So for a change I wanted to talk about how beautiful love could be in the midst of all the hate and vices.

      I agree God sending his son wasn’t to rid the world of evil but to offer REDEMPTION to save us from ourselves and as well be a friend and a father in the dark times we might encounter

      My interpretation of love is God’s perfect love for us so I’m more inclined to say or describe it as perfect. But love in relation to humans or things isn’t usually perfect probably because we are flawed ourselves so it might hurt sometimes. But love helps us endure it.

      There’s a lot I’d like to say on this but I think I will save it for a sequel to this post which might’ve to come sooner than I planned๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚


      Hence I’ll conclude for now by saying this, Love is a deliberate action, not an emotion, not the feeling of butterflies in your tummy, it might not be perfect , it could hurt sometimes but love makes it worth the while.

      Delete
  5. Griffin is obviously a pseudonym๐Ÿ™‚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses