A TALE OF TWO LOVERS PT1





Just like yesterday

I remember how I poked at your shoulders

Looked into your eyes and told you

“I love you”

Those words I hoped to God

That you understood it was my promise

My promise of a thousand unspoken words in three

I love you I said

Did you understand?

 

Like a scene from my favorite romance movie

You pulled me in a loving embrace

The breeze blowing softly around us

The sun with just the right amount of intensity

No peeking eyes lol

Creating the perfect ambience for the moment to come

Your eyes staring into mine

Repeating those same words 

“I love you” with a “too”

I love you too

 

I earnestly searched in the windows of your heart

For reassurance that it held true

I was met with eyes with such blazing passion yet kind

(one of the beautiful things about you)

Allaying most of my doubts

And I thought, deep in my heart you did understand.

 

Days turned into weeks

Weeks, months

Fast forward to when the bliss was over

And almost a year later

We walk past each other

Almost as though we were strangers

 

Strangers?

I could literally feel my heart ache

Just by the sight of you

I just couldn’t

I couldn’t look upon that face

That I’ve come to learn every of its contours and lines

Or lips that has assured me in every possible way

 

Probably it was my heart’s protest

The squeezing pain I felt in my chest

Or an actual heart attack

Against these words

“I think it will be best to go….”

Even now it’s hard to complete that awful statement

 

I think I bought into your idea of forever

Now I have to live without YOU in my ever

Sad

 

Breakfast served and eaten!

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses