Here's to doing it afraid, alone and tired!


I realized for the longest time, I’ve unknowingly dreaded being alone, or doing anything alone. That’s a confession I’ve not said out loud; outside the privacy of my mind/head😅.

But here I am seated at a dinner party without anyone I can considerably call my friend. Not like I’m anti-people😂😂 I love people but at this event my friends are busy running the party😉 and my other friends are somewhere else😫

I was to sing at this dinner party so I had to be there, I couldn't just pick up my bag and run away😂. After my last performance which I would rate 40 out of 100 due to a lot of reasons I am not going to go into today, the fear of doing even worse at this event was almost crippling. Meanwhile this is something I have practiced for every single day!

I think the fear of doing it alone, being alone or been the first to do stuff or even asking questions has been some of the several reasons this year has been the toughest for me so far because all the things I considered impossible, most difficult and daring, I’ve had to do all of them!

To the question from my last post, “does it ever end?” A friend helped with an answer a few weeks back, He said "Sadly it doesn’t, you only build strength and refine character.

So, to you, going through a though time now, I want you to know, You're not alone, you're stronger than you could possibly imagine or feel right now, you are building strength for bigger things and you will be better for it. I hope these words bring you comfort.💓

Here’s to doing it afraid, doing it first and doing it alone and doing it tired🍻

Till another time


                                                                                                                    Yours Sincerely,

                                                                                                                        Ifedolapo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses