SEW LIFE A BEAUTIFUL DRESS



Is it until we face death we understand

The value of the life we have

The joys of the life we have lived 

And the endless possibilities of the life ahead?


Oh, may I not live a life such passively

That I need a daunting check from life

To come to such understanding.


May I have the courage to grab life by the neck

May I equally have the strength to cut for it some beautiful fabric

That my being might not just be known for its existence but for its diverse colors and patterns.

Oh may I have  the wisdom to join the different parts at the right time

That at every season of my life I’ll be clothed appropriately.


Perhaps my needle pricks 

And as pain demands to be felt

May courage avail to press on

Or maybe my scissors, blunt

Or a cut made wrong

May persistence and optimism be my best friend


Finally, may I be able to show what such beautiful dress I’ve clothed myself with at the end of the day

May it also inspire someone to live beautifully and boldly as much as it brings me joy.

                                                                                                                                    Ifedolapo

Comments

  1. Thank you for this Dolapo 😊. I do enjoy reading your blog posts (I receive them by mail). Well done and God bless you πŸ™πŸΎπŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiration for the week, always a pleasure to read

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses