From a Daddy's girl



 Dear Dad,

The thought that I might no longer be your little girl

As the days go by and growth comes my way

Sends chills down my spine.

I am afraid you won’t be able to shield me from a world

That I am starting to realize isn't rainbows, lollipops and sunshine.

I am scared that fear will be my greatest companion

Crippling me before I even take flight.

 

I am afraid that I might not achieve my full potential.

I wake up and the possibility I might not love who I fight to become single day

Makes me want to put it in no effort and let just life be.

But that isn't what you have taught me so far, is it?

So I fight, fiercely on some days and weakly, quietly and gently on others.

I am scared that the world might just see me as mere and ordinary

When in your eyes, I am the most extraordinary!

I am afraid that I might not live up to your expectations of me

 

I am afraid time will be the ultimate thief

That I might have less time to spend with you

And you with me.


I am afraid that you would no longer be my first and only LOVE

I am scared someone could come sweep me off my feet

And steal all the love in my heart for himself.

Lol, that person go try sha.

I am mostly scared that I would keep comparing almost every guy to you

and find them lacking

And probably end up alone and lonely

 

I can’t help the fear but I can only pray

To the one capable of answering

That you would be there at all my new beginnings

That I get to show you my world

And take you round the world

That I’d indeed be your Ife ati Ola

Your love and wealth

Just like my name Ifedolapo.


                                                                                                                     Your not so little girl,
                                                                                                                            Ifedolapo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses