Fully in the present



For the first time in a long time, I am not bursting at the seams to tell you about something specific.

It doesn't feel like I'm stuck or uninspired; I'm also not sad or tired, though I may be distracted from my reality by the autistic heroine and handsome hero in my most recent K-drama binge. But it feels more like I am fully in the now; fully in my present, which contrasts greatly with my usual state of a conundrum of retro and introspection of some kind.

In other words, it's unusual for me not to have a lot on my mind that I need to figure out or solve or say.

Writing this piece is gradually taking me out of the aforementioned state and I am allowing it because I want to release this today and I also love that I get to chose consciously what I would love to think about at the moment rather than a thousand things just creeping in without my notice.

Staying or even enjoying the present is not a luxury a lot of people afford themselves, I am guilty myself; I am always thinking what will happen next week, I really messed up last month, by next week I must have finished this textbook bla bla bla. 

Note that I am not saying we should not pace ourselves, think about the future, or even learn from the past; this is not the point of this piece. This piece serves as a reminder to you that the present is just as important; soak it all in.

As valuable as foresight and hindsight are, consider the present as well! Perhaps this is where insight comes into play; a deep understanding of not looking forward or backwards but looking forward and backwards at the same time. 

This post has a lot of sight(s), lol. A special shoutout to my friend Adebisi for the prompt this night to create something beautiful.💓

Do me a favor, Practice being present this week, okay?

                                                                                                                    Ifedolapo

Comments

  1. Nothing short of wonderful! For someone who has been dealing with a tingling of anxiety, this is a pinch to bring back to the present. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well well well Dr Deee, this is a brilliant article an eye opener, a fast pace stopper and present enlightenment.

    Reading this just made me reassure myself what I have known to enjoy the present because it can also determine the future amongst all preparations towards it.
    Thank you darling Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant piece and an artful wake up call for us all to learn to savor the now while relishing in our yesterdays and tomorrows.
    I fully align with this piece of insight

    I fully agree with

    ReplyDelete
  4. The past informs the present, and the future inspires it. This was a good read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses