A face of longing

So I fine like this

Hello, its been a minute more like two weeksπŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

You were probably expecting version two of "I want to love" but my writer's sense keeps telling me it isn't ready yet so I thought to do you one better. 

By the way, if you haven't read version one of my last post, you definitely should before version two is out.

Freshly from the oven of my heart, I present to you "A face of longing" I hope you love it!


Is that longing I see on your face

Or have I reached a point of no return

That every time I see you

I know that you want nothing more than to pull me into a loving embrace

Telling me how much you miss me

While also scolding me with that silly smile on your face

On how I have been so distant from you

 

Have I become a terrible judge of character,

Can I also not discern clearly what you want from me?

Because I do believe you want out of this dream of our present reality

Of being far apart

Or have I tricked myself successfully into believing that

I would always be the center of your universe even when

You are the center of somebody else’s?

 

Do I really want those answers?

Honestly, I am not sure I do.

Maybe I already have those answers

Maybe I don’t

A lot of uncertainty here

But I think I would like to keep it that way

At least for now

 

While these questions remain questions,

I might as well continue to be a terrible judge of character for you

And for me

I might just go on pretending I can’t hear so loudly all those unspoken words

Your eyes tell, screaming to be told

And be so unaware of how aware I am

 

These, are the consequence I must bear

For not being ready to accept the answers

That I am constantly convincing myself as “I do not have”

Well, that is that


Thank you Tobi for the reminderπŸ’“


                                                                                                                  Ifedolapo

Comments

  1. Ah. True love, may we give it and may we experience it. This is lovely Dolapo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί❤. Your content is amazing πŸ’―

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were to summarize this in an emoji, it would be ✨

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one, you are welcome

    ReplyDelete
  5. For not being ready to accept the answers
    Sorry I am still scared or learning how to love πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful πŸ”₯πŸ₯Ί

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this, keep the fire burning

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses