RECHARGED AND BACK!!


Can you believe I didn’t like this picture😂❤️

Now I can finally write!

Happy new month and welcome to the new year!


Is it too late for a comeback ? I hope not 


How do I explain to you it isn’t because of the absence of chance/time to write or the absence of ideas( writer’s block) or even laziness that has kept me from writing to you and for you ?


Last year was truly a lot, especially the last couple of months, it was tasking and draining in all sense of the word!


Ever since I finished my first professional exams, I had the constant urge to just crawl up into some hole and shut everything and everyone out. 


To be alone for real was my goal even if it was for one full day. And also, to do the things I really wanted to do and not the recent necessities that adulting kept throwing my way. Like really take a chill pill!!!!


All of these, had me struggling to grasp control for anything and everything concerning me. 


For context, things like choosing when to talk to anyone, not having to reply anyone because it’s the polite thing to do or even when and what to eat and not just settling for what is available 


After so many series/ cycles of these feelings, I’ve come to realize all I needed was to recharge, my battery was low.


Recharging can mean different things to different people. For instance: As an introvert, i need to be inside to get my energy levels back up while a typical extrovert would need to get outside, have some fun to get his/her energy back up.


Sitting pretty like the queen that I am😌❤️

But for me, to recharge is to take a literal day off my usual schedule. A day where I get to give ME ME.


You see the thing is, everyday, we do a lot of giving without realizing it. We give our books/education our time, we give our smile and hugs to our familiar faces, we give our listening ear to whoever needs it and advice to whoever seeks it, we give our tears to whatever moves us, our heart to those we love and even money to the things and people who need it. 


We give and give and give and give!!! Most times to a point that we have either nothing to give or we don’t want to give at all again even if we have.


I think I came to the understanding of all these a while ago,  but only now have I been able to articulate in words for what it is.

 

How about today you consider taking time to rest, stay indoors all day, eat that food you’ve been craving, clean your room, watch that movie, have that phone call, send that message, compliment yourself. Basically just taking time to fill yourself with activities and things that make you feel loved and relaxed. Activities that put you first!


Deliberately take one day to not be labored with the necessities of carrying out your duties and responsibilities. Take some time to recharge. Take some time to choose you.


Remember you can’t pour from an empty cup. Fill yourself with goodness to put out goodness. There has to be a balance to these things .


I guess you can tell now the reason for my silence was, I was recharging; recharging to be able to give you the best of me again.


How is this for a good comeback?


See you next week🤗🤗


My love as always❤️

Ifedolapo


Comments

  1. Exactly how I’ve felt in the past weeks, you put in words beautifully. My extroverted nature could make it seem like I’m not recharging because I’m not going into seclusion but taking a break from all of my responsibilities was such a plus for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture fine 🙂 and I like the make-up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you😂😂
      But I was without make up in the picture

      Delete
  3. I'm happy you are back and could recharge yourself. Much needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Omoye❤️
      I’m happy to be back !!!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes take it as a priority to Reboot💯 ... Give Yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recharge, Refill & Resume.

    It is the only way to keep going. It is how we stay in balance in this noisy world 🙏🏾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three words that sums everything up
      Thank you ❤️

      Delete
  6. The picture looks nice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses