And He asked, What is loving me like?

Ifedolapo BW by Oluwadolapo❤️

And he asked

What is loving me like?

And I told him

 

 Loving you is like many things


It is like

Air in my lungs 

After being underwater for 1 minute and 15 seconds

It is like the sunshine and warmth on my face 

After a very long and cold winter

It’s like the cool breeze from my windows

During a heatwave 

And like my comfort food when I’m sad


“Go on, I’m listening”

His full attention already captured 

And I indeed go on 


Loving on you feels as good as eating 

Perfectly ripe, freshly fried, golden, hot, plantain

On my white rice, delicious red stew and barbecued fish on a Sunday afternoon 

It feels like cold Sprite in my throat on a hot and stressful day


I knew how much he loved the combination 

And because I wanted to speak my love for him

In a language he understands 

I decided to capitalize on it


I’ve more to say, you wanna hear it?

With a look that told me 

“I wouldn’t mind hearing more but I feel so loved already” 

I continued to tell my love how his love made me feel in words like this:


Loving you most of the time is like 

Living unafraid with my eyes closed,

My heart open 

And my arms always ready for an embrace

And doing out of character things with a spec of character 


In short,

Loving you is like

Beautiful colors for my cat like eyes

Delicious food for my picky mouth and tastebuds

Divine music for my tiny little ears

And Gentle touch for my overly sensitive skin


Loving you is an experience for all my senses

And not just my heart


Your love, My love, is indeed food 

for my soul, mind and body


Ifedolapo 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses