A Stolen Heart

 


Sometimes I try to find the words

To express fully how I feel 

Without leaving out the little details 

That makes this particular feeling 

In this very moment 

Different from all the other ones 

I have experienced all day long


But the words sometimes aren't enough

The words I find don't suffice.

Still I turn to the back of my class jotter

And try to write about it.


What do I feel?


I search far and deep 

And my heart gives answers like

That of a thousand scattered jigsaw  puzzle


I set out to put the pieces together 

While patience and curiosity avails

Just to understand this strange but familiar feeling.


Five pieces fitted in

And I see

A glimpse of a beautiful sunset


Another separate set of ten pieces 

Perfectly fitted

Two arms intertwined

Stared back at me


Hints here and there

Nothing solid


My heart still feels like 

Its going to burst from the familiarity 

My mind feels 

Like it would tear from the confusion 

Oh Lord what is this emotion I feel


My eyes as always giving my heart away 

Betray me still

As the tears form slowly

And drip across this very book

Upon which I try to capture this emotion

In ink and paper


Who is capturing who now? lol

My tears trapping my book

Or 

My book capturing my emotions?


What is this I feel right now?

I ask myself again


You are in love

You are in love with him.



Ifedolapo




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses