My man: To Whom it may concern


My man!!!

Yes, I said that 

I’m glad I get to say that out loud 

Even if it’s just in text 

You’re all I can think about right now 

Even though I’ve not met you 


Imagine what my headspace 

Will be like 

When I finally have you in my life 

It will be 

My man, my man, my man!!!


Oh my goshhhhhhh

Can you feel the excitement 

In which this words are drenched 

This is how good and exhilarating it feels

When I wonder about you 


As I’m clueless to what kind of name you’ll come bearing 

I’ll have to relegate you to this rather cute but common term of “my man” throughout this text 


Do you know that 

On some days I just make a list of the probable names you might bear

Going over them in my head one after the other 


It’s usually like 

Will you be a Femi or an Ade 

Maybe a Chinedu or Chigozie

Or a Malik or Housseni 

I honestly do not know 😂

And the suspense almost has me in a bind 


But one thing I do know is 

My father will flip at the thought of this 

Of me having a man that doesn’t have an “Ade” or “Oluwa” as a suffix or prefix 


But that’s okay 

Because he will always be critical 

Of anyone I’ll call “my man” other than him

You’ll just have to win him as well😂


But one thing is certain 

Your name whatever it maybe 

Is a name that I’ll definitely come to love 


When our paths eventually cross 

I’ve a feeling that I’d know instantly that you are my match

Maybe it’s because my radar has be up for so long 

Waiting for just the right signal 

Waiting for you 


So even if I already know you are HIM

I promise to wait until you figure that out yourself 

But not for too long 



And when you eventually do 

I hope to give you ease 

To be a place and person that comforts you 

And gives you plenty reasons to smile 

And even more reasons to laugh loud 


To be your happy place.


Talking about laughing 

I think I’ll laugh at all your jokes 

Including the not so funny ones 

Not to patronize you 

But because the thought of you 

trying to make me smile 

has melted my heart from within

And that in itself is enough for me



I’ll never stop telling you 

How such a beautiful person you are 

To tell you’ve the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever stared upon 

Because the stories in your eyes carries, your interests  and your kindness makes them glint a different way 


I’ll never pass up an opportunity 

To tell you how proud of you I’m each day 


Even during our rough patches 

I promise to be quick to apologize

Never ever to raise my voice  

To be patient with you 

Especially when it feels impossible to do so 

To always talk things through 

No matter how difficult the conversation maybe 


I promise to always meet you wherever you are or need me to 

Whether in the middle or quarter past 


All these promises because 

We are in it together 

In it to make it work 

And most importantly 

Because I’ve decided to choose you 

EVERYDAY 



Ifedolapo


Comments

  1. Eii Godd 'You’re all I can think about right now', ehn ehn😩😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses