Beloved, Believe.

 



If only you believe 

I’ll give you a life here on earth 

Better than you could’ve planned 

And a promise of life eternal 

(Evidenced with an irretractable seal)

For when you eventually sleep from the troubles of your fallen world. 


This was His promise 

A promise delivered over 2000yrs ago 

That has carried for ages


But How can I believe?

How can I believe what I’ve not seen 

How can I trust the integrity of this promise 

That may have been subjected to the wears and tears of time 

I can’t help but wonder 

This seems too good to be true


Beloved 

Regardless of what you think now 

I’ll keep saying it 

I’ll put it as burdens, longings in the heart of my children (those who believe)

To keep telling you and everyone.

I’ll go to every length and breadth just to let you know that you need only to believe


You need only to believe 

As you know for certain red is the blood that courses through your veins 

That I love you. 

That I left behind unimaginable riches and glory 

Just to come to the earth where you are.


You need only believe 

That I came beloved 

Took on flesh 

Suffered many woes

Died in your stead 

So that never again should you be condemned by the rulers and principalities of this world. 

I came so you might never be alone 

I came that you might’ve life 

And have it in abundance.


I love you my child 

And I want you to 

accept my love for you 

For time is running out 

And I’m coming soon. 


My name is Jesus 

And you need only to believe.



Ifedolapo



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses