Soubhiyé



7:00am Wednesday morning.

I was ushered from the realm of sleep 

To wakefulness by the 

High pitch chirping of the bird on my windowpane

I could feel a smile erect with the curves of my lips 

Even though my eyes were still closed 


Fond Memories etched someone in the soft tissue of my brain 

Flooded my consciousness just as the morning light shined through my window 

Pictures and videos, pieces of my memories 

Played for an audience of one in a room of two.


Memories of a little girl 

Wearing her dainty blue, above the knee uniform 

Replayed before me.

She also hearing the all too familiar chirping of the birds. 

A sound she never knew she’d recall even after 15yrs 


Dolapo, Ifedolapo  

it’s 7:30 and class is by 8:00

My roommate Eniola calls out 

And as I get up for a race against time to class 

The little bird on my window pane bids me bye

With wings flapping and silence ensuing 

As a result of it’s absence.


Phew 

If only I could lay in bed all day 



Ifedolapo

Comments

  1. Annnnnndddddd she strikes again with anotherrrr beautiful piece, this is really lovely, the words were meticulously crafted and merged together, it was listening to music.
    Smoooth

    Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses