Love vs Love: A Confession

 


I’ve a confession to make 

Chances are high you’d share it with me 


I think I might’ve being in love with the idea of love 

Rather than the idea of being in love.

It’s what all these clear cut,cheesy, romantic fairytales will subconsciously build in your mind 

after years of consuming their content. 


Coming to this realization soon enough 

Has saved me from regrettable mistakes 

And irreparable damages on another soul 

Whose only mistake would’ve been 

Choosing to love me then.


This is a pointer to the fact that 

All you might truly just want to do is 

To love on someone 

But you end up hurting them 

Because you don’t know 

Or fully grasp 

What it means to be in love

And what it takes to stay in love.


Ifedolapo

Comments

  1. I believe that when you're truly in love, the idea of love also follows, all those cheesy romance movies become a manual compared to your love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this💌🤭, and I believe that as with anything, it’s good to have our way of filtering what we accept as the irrefutable truth, and that which is not; let me add this quote from Bell Hooks,” If our society had a commonly held understanding of the meaning of love, the act of love would not be so mystifying.
    When the very meaning of the word is cloaked in mystery, it should not come as a surprise that most people find it hard to define what they mean when they use the word “love.”

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

Imposter's Syndrome: Stop feeling like a Fraud!

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You