Happy Valentine's Day: A Letter to my Valentine.


 

My Dear Valentine,

Is it not a perfect day to celebrate love? I believe it is, I also believe it should an everyday affair.

I may not have the gift of roses or chocolates or even a bouquet of flowers to send your way but I can offer you the gift of my most sincere emotions, heart and my penmanship.

Oh how I prayed within the four walls of my bathroom cubicle, that today you experience love and give love today not as a feeling, but as an act of service because that’s what love is.





Do not get carried away by the extravagant display of love and beat yourself up for not getting one of those displays. Most of the times, such displays stems from a place of I don't know, "a place of proving who is who" which when I think of,  I would rather not want and probably you shouldn't too. Because instead of coming from a place of depth and genuineness and understanding, it is coming from superficiality. 

Don't get lost in the high of your emotion that you misconstrue love as sex! a lot of ignorant people will fall for this lie. Note that sex can be an expression of love in the right premise or  just gratification in heat of things.

Do show yourself some love today, buy yourself a pack of your favorite juice or ice cream, some cake or chicken too might not be bad😉😁 I mean it, be kind to YOU! You definitely can't give what you don't have. To show love or share love, you have to know and understand what love is and what it feels like.

You can also show me some love by sharing this to as many people as possible💓

                                                                                                                        Yours in love,

                                                                                                                           Ifedolapo




 

 



Comments

  1. Lol, definitely getting myself something nice today. Thank you for reminding us not to feel oppressed. Happy Valentines Day! 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you sis
    Happy valentine 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses