FALLING AND FLYING


I am writing to you today as a tired Block 1 Path and Pharm student who seems to have bitten off more than she could possibly chew at once in the past few days, weeks even.



That student is me today; it could be you tomorrow. 


I hope that from reading this, you’ll learn to accept the lows and in-betweens in your journey to becoming, just as I’m learning to.



Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you “Falling and Flying.”



Learning 

Learning lately 

It’s absolutely okay 

To fall 

While trying to fly.


Accepting 

Accepting gradually 

The pain 

The discomfort 

That comes with the bruising 

That comes from the wounding 

From falling 


Patience 

Exercising patience 

With my timing 

With the journey 

And the delays 

To flight 


Taking 

Taking breaks 

Because sometimes 

That’s all the fix I need.


Trying 

Constantly trying,

Never giving up 

Even in the midst of 

Tiredness 

Nonchalance 

Discouragement 


Because 

For me 

Flight is Inevitable



Ifedolapo


Comments

  1. I like this. Reads to me like it needs a bit of tuning but I'm no expert and I'm a huge fan writing as it flows from your heart/mind. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful
    For me, Flight is inevitable. 🥺

    ReplyDelete
  3. ‘Trying’, resonates with me because “na who give up, fuck up”. Everyday I muster the strength to keep going 💪🏾

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses