2021: Your Beliefs?



First post in the year and I couldn't be more excited to write to you, for you and for I.

I was beyond tempted to provide some content on the 1st of January, at least that is what most writers will do for optimum effect as the 1st of a new year, people usually love (more like crave/yearn) to read, watch or listen for content that will help them gain clarity for what the year could be and what they could achieve. 

But you see, i wasn't feeling up to it. In fact i hadn't written my resolution for the year unlike previous years where i had everything lined up probably because of the nostalgia 2020 seems to evoke thinking of a new year or maybe i don't even know why. One thing i was certain about was not writing about resolutions to you, i didn't want to preach what i was not doing.

Today, I will love to bring you insights straight from the heart💖, it is a piece i have written a while back, though polished a little bit to rise up to the occasion of your reading😇. We are talking beliefs today


Belief is a powerful term, probably the most undermined word in history (we have many of those😂). This word, its significance, can be the root of good or evil coincidentally everyone needs something to believe even if it’s the existence of nothing. That is just how we are configured i guess.


Beliefs give purpose and direction to navigate our big world. Take, for instance, In terms of religion, we have the Christians who believe in a one true God and Jesus His son, Muslims, Allah and the prophet Mohammed, African Traditionalist believe in deities, The Buddhist in Buddha. The atheist, persons who do not believe in any God.

There are various reasons people decide what to believe, but one thing that stands out for any believer is that they find their belief realistic and true. There are so many examples of believers ( Believers a term not relegated to describe persons with religious convictions but also to describe other things like values)people trust in. I will mention a few of them.


The Christians of old, the disciples of Christ, Peter, James, John had  painful and excruciating deaths because of the gospel they believe. Even now, Christians give up their earthly possessions and comfort for the sake of the gospel like persons who climb up mountains to have an experience or people who do not wear foot wears to worship even when the sun has scorched the earth. Imagine the devotion and sacrifice!


An Islamist terrorist sect in Nigeria, called the Boko Haram, goes around terrorizing the country particularly Christians by bombing churches 💣and killing of innocent civilians. Their actions because of an alleged promise by Allah. Sounds twisted but it is fueled by belief.


Nelson Mandela believed all races should be free to express their political and civil rights and he fought for it✊. He was jailed for 27 years and later became President. Today wherever you find the history of South Africa, his name is there.


Adolf Hitler, a very controversial person in history was also driven by his beliefs. He was of the opinion that Germans were of Superior race and didn’t mind annihilating💥 a whole country for it.


Let’s even leave all the big names that are not necessarily relatable and come down to our everyday activities. 


We open our mouths to say something because we know that our voice will be heard, I eat food🍝 because it is supposed to do something in my body, I do that strenous exercise because I know it will get me that dream body, I go to school because I believe that’s where I will get my degree maybe you were forced, to school, you go there because you know it will quiet the person that forced you😅😂😂💔. I am writing this because I believe I can do it.


Your beliefs either limit you or unbound you. Like a compass, it points you in directions whether you realize it or not, it guides the extent you are willing to go for certain things. This is why your belief system is very important.

I want you to take your time to review what you believe in today, ask yourself questions like, 


Are you just in it because that's what you were told?  Is this really ideal for me? and more questions you could think of.


Mind you, some of the things you might have been told might be right, but having knowledge of why it is right gives you power over confusion especially times when they are being questioned.


Tell me what you believe, I will go first, I believe in Jesus, I believe in love and I believe in my dreams among many other things.


I can't wait to hear from you, I want to know what you are thinking now that you've read this and also feel free to share this with someone today!

 

Till next time my lovelies


                                                                                                                        Yours in Progress

                                                                                                                            Ifedolapo

Comments

  1. I also believe in Jesus,love and also in my dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Read, Dolapo!
    Happy New Year❤️
    As for Beliefs, Jesus shaped my convictions; so it's him first, then every other thing close to his heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debola!
      Happy new year to you too❤️❤️
      Jesus shaping your convictions, you can never go wrong🤗🤗

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful piece.
    It's amazing seeing how whether positive or negative beliefs are, they can make such a massive difference to both the believer and their environment.

    If you ask what I picked from this piece, it's the fact that me believing in Jesus and upholding moral principles could have a massive effect on all those around me, whether or not I'm conscious of it just because I practice these beliefs consistently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dolapo😊
      You seem to be quite the writer yourself😉
      It’s truly amazing how we humans have effect on everything, tangible or intangible like our beliefs.

      Delete
  4. i must say, you really are doing a great job Ifedolapo. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you 🙏
    I’ll try my best😇
    Keep reading too🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weldon and Good Job my darling friend and Sister

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful piece as always... This shows that beliefs are as important to human as the very air we breathe in. One line that hit me was "sounds twisted but it is fuelled by beliefs". So whether consciously or not, we influence people around us with want we believe in...
    Kasamida for this piece. I believe I learnt a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses