I think you should spend more time in front of the mirror!




My beautiful Sister!

I think you should spend more time in front of the mirror

Not just the quick glance you take every morning

 To make sure your dress or shirt seats well on you

But an actual study of the image staring you back in the face

Maybe then you will be able to appreciate the beauty that is you

I came to this realization only when I did so.

 

You would want to agree with me that

Often times when we look in the mirror

We tend to focus more on what’s not rather than what is

“My nose looks too big”

“I wish I had a bigger bum bum to fill the spaces in my skirt”

“If only I wasn’t this dark”

“I wish I had a flatter belly”

Our mirrors indeed have heard it all

 

Why not more of

“I look very beautiful”

“My teeth are absolutely perfect for me”

“This color was made for me!”

“I have beautiful legs”

“I have a billion dollar smile”

Why not statements of how perfect you are despite every other thing.

 

Statements like that will definitely go a long way

In boosting your morale during the day

And improving your self confidence in the long run

 

You don’t have to wait till you are told

“You have the most sincere and beautiful eyes ever”

Before you know that!

Be your greatest fan

Only when you know how to appreciate yourself

Would you be able to appreciate others truly

 

Meanwhile, 

 Mirrors can be important.





                                                                                                            All my love,

                                                                                                            Ifedolapo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses