Attractions vs Distractions!


 

 A very wise person once told me: 
" Too many attractions can constitute a distraction" 

This came after I had lamented about having so much to do at hand and how I still wanted to take on more because I was and sometimes I am still grossly interested in doing those other things. So many people I would like to believe are like me though probably not for the same reasons but sometimes have a hard time pin pointing an attraction or just a couple.

How do you pin point certain "important attractions" I still don't have it all figured out. But I have to an extent clarity on what to do. Care to listen?

Well, I think it all comes down to PURPOSE .

An important thing you must always remember is everyone has a purpose! and it is also It's due diligence to you, your creator and mankind to discover it, work towards it then walk in it. For instance, lately, I've come to the conscious understanding  that my purpose as a Christian is to come to the knowledge of God and make him known. 

As you would know, there are different ways to do just this. This brings me to my second point. There are different paths to achieving your purpose but there is a set path or path(s) (as God will have it) you need to walk in to be fulfilling your unique purpose. 

For example, a footballer taking ballet classes as well as coaching upcoming football players. Coaching might help the footballer but you see, Ballet classes is definitely not a football thing. As a matter of fact, one involves such delicate, precise movements and the other a range of movement as crude as possible. As different as those two things may be, one helps the other. Studies have shown a football player taking ballet classes have improved his/her strength, flexibility, agility and stability. This particular attributes are very important for a football player.

Can you connect the dots already? The attractions you allow should enhance the purpose you are working towards, the purpose you are walking in. I pray to God that you do understand what I am saying!

By the way, I really don't why the example of the football player keeps popping in my head because I certainly do not watch footballπŸ˜…πŸ˜‚  let me just go on. 

A person called to be a football player that needs to stay active wouldn't be advised to sit down for very long hours coding. Not just because of the long hours coding lets say an application but also because of the ridiculously high probability of eating junks, unhealthy foods while doing so which might not so help the person's football career if done long term.

 Do not be the Jack of all trades, master of none. That is exactly what you would be doing delving into everything that catches your fancy. Evaluate and make appropriate decisions for you now and later.


I wrote a post a while back on Purpose and Abilities, I have a feeling you would want to read it after this.

https://lifewiththedolapo.blogspot.com/2020/10/wakanda-forever-purpose-and-abilities.html


                                                                                       With all the love in the world,

                                                                                                      Ifedolapo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses