You who took my love with you away




6fts inside the Atlantic 

There you'll find me

As I've fallen off the ship

I boarded to take me round the world

In three months.


Unknown to my fellow passengers on board

I'm sinking deeper and deeper by the minute

My life is flashing right before my own eyes 

And in the moment when I thought 

I’d finally bid the world goodbye 

I see you 

You who took my love with you away. 


It’s been 20yrs 

No 21 years since 

Since your face haunted me 

In broad daylight 


But today in my dying moment 

You appear as an apparition 

Under water with me 

Drawing our shared memories with you 

And suddenly, the waters weren't icy  cold

on my dark skin

Nor was it pitch black to my eyes any longer 


And for the moment I forget that 

I am drowning

Drowning

Hinging closer to death by the minute 

As you already are


So, no one hears me scream

Because I'm not screaming for help 

Neither am I trying to swim against the negative push

The ocean is exerting on my body


I just stay 

Literally to death

Just to watch the face 

Of you, who took my love away 

Of you, who eventually took me away.



Ifedolapo

Comments

  1. Beautiful but I have to give it a second read for it to sink in…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses