366/366



Last day in 2020 yayyyyyyyyyyy and you are still standing, I am still standing?

Thank God! It’s been quite a year

It was happy new year, then March and a Lockdown for about 8 months😫 then came the weddings, weddings, everyone wanted to get married this year😂 then Merry Christmas and now happy last day of the year😂

Year 2020 was the most anticipated year in the last decade, we started this year with lots of expectations, but we got blown away by what 2020 had for us, I will say it again but we are still standing!❤️

So many goals were set with the completion year as 2020 especially those MDG goals they were always advertising on TV, I don’t see those goals achieved even on the last day of 2020😂

I am not going to tell you to list out the goals you set for this year and check the ones you accomplished, rather I am going to tell you to list what you’ve done this year and what you are grateful for this. I will start and I will absolutely love if you could share yours too.

In the spirit of 2020, I am going to mention 20 things I’m absolutely grateful for this year and some things I was able to do this year😊



Things I am grateful for🥰☺️

1.       I am grateful for life, only the living can tell stories or even give thanks.

2.      I am thankful for family, every one of them is great shape.

3.       I am grateful for my friends, the new ones I made and the old one I have and the ones I am going to make today. These people are the best persons in the world.



4.       I am grateful for my school, though they are far from perfect, I believe they are getting there.

5.       I am thankful for my academics, I’ve failed, I’ve passed, I’ve learnt.

6.       I am pleased (not satisfied)😂by my personal growth. Physically, I’ve added a few ounces, I have lost some; spiritually, I am hungry for more growth; mentally, I’m in a better place; financially, I’ve learnt the true value of money and bla bla bla😂😂

7.       I am appreciative for good health. It is one thing to be alive and it is another to have good health.

8.       I am glad you get to read this.🥰

9.       I’m grateful for all the resources at my disposal, I do not take them for granted.

10.   I’m thankful for God.🙏

 

Things I was able to do this year

1.       I opened at blog which you’re reading right now. Omooooo it’s no small deal, I struggled with a lot of indecision on the customization of the blog

2.       I put up five posts in five months, starting from August. It has not been as consistent as I would like it, I am thankful I am able to put something up.

3.       I made new amazing friends and strengthened some of my existing friendships.

4.       I smiled more, listened more, cried a little less, i took more pictures!😂😂

5.       I read about 15 books that were not academic this year😇.

6.       I loosened up a little bit, increased flexibility while still putting in good productive time. I kind of thought that if I loosened up a bit I will lose a lot of productive time, but you see, you never know until you try.😊

7.       I successfully saved my money up and did not buy everything I saw and liked online😅😂. Trust me, the impulses were there, it was hard fighting them off sometimes, but Thank God🙃

8.       I won a $100 dollar course and one Instagram challenge. I never apply or do things like that because of over-thinking and a bit of laziness😂

9.       I developed my writing, actively working on my talking and singing.

10.   I co-hosted on a radio show, my first time so I was timid

I am not just listing all this to throw in your face, but to tell you a lot has happened and there's also a lot to be grateful for. So many people have died this year, may God console their families❤️✨, some people have lost their jobs, but God is still supplying their needs, some fell sick, some dropped out of school, but God was faithful, he is STILL faithful😊

Today is just perfect to reflect on all those things,all the good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful that has happened.

One more thing, before you start writing all those new year resolutions, you need to understand where you were at in 2020, to know what you are building on in 2021. You need to write down what God has done, to realize he is more than capable to take care of you next year.

Make sure you write them down, they will  help you in ways you can't imagine..

I love you all, Thank you for being part of my 2020, I am grateful for YOU.❤️

Don't forget to share this with someone today💙

See you next year!

                                                                                                                                    Ifedolapo

Comments

  1. We thank God in all🙌. When we count our blessings we will surely see what God has done. Awesome piece!
    See you in 2021🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🥳🥳🥳🥳🤸🤸🤸our ever faithful God ,we bless your name. So glad to have you in my 2020 too babe ❤️, we should most definitely count our blessings at all times . Nice one Dolly p💖💖💖 your source of inspiration will never run out .. greater heights in this new year and happy new year b🥰💓💓💓

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really helpful and encouraging. Honestly, thank you so much love. Happy new year! This year will be even much more greater for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice write up Dolapo. I'm also grateful to have you in my life and call you a friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you🥺🥺
      I am super duper grateful for you too😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses