To be more like Evangel

Evangel acting all cute for the camera


To be more like Evangel 

Who diligently pours out her heart

With pen on paper

Composing the sweetest and simplest  letters 

To all her friends, like Davina

Whose birthday is tomorrow 

And also to her three big sisters 

Whose names all start with the letter “I”

And not leaving out letters to her mum and dad 

At every celebration.


To be like Evangel

Who is more than content 

Ending her wishes with phrases like 

“More sweets and chocolates this year”

Unlike me thinking of the most complex form of blessings I could wish upon a person

To show I made an effort

And look like a very good friend

 

An excerpt from one her letters❤️


To be more like Evangel 

Who is kind, simple and happy 

And also innocent but knowledgeable and content.

That is my wish for the week.



See you next week❤️


Ifedolapo 

Comments

  1. I want to be like Evangel too🥺❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem Dolapo, it’s your creativity for me. Well done❤️. I also want To be like Eva🫂

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go back to being 12
    All I do then was design the parlour door and anywhere with cardboards and make cards too😭

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome piece, Well done Dear❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. To see the world through the eyes of Evangel is the beginning of my peace of mind. To see the beauty in the things that society has considered ugly and worthless. To rejoice in the pain and the struggle. Little wonder the Bible says you must become like a child to enter the kingdom of heaven. Wetin concern Evangel concern economy? Beautiful writeup, Dolapo! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses