An Ode to my Grandma❤️






Not every love is Eros love. Not every love should be Eros love. I hope I get to show you how and why, but for now, we leave it for another day.

For today’s blog, I take you through the mostly in body experience of my memories  of my Grandma being triggered by a familiar tune causing real time physical manifestations using words.


An Ode to My Grandma 

Sunday morning service 

Opening hymn

Organ’s intro:

M f s m l s

S l l t l

You know that song

Choir sings:

“On a hill far away”

I know that hymn


Every particle reverberating 

Within and Without

“Yes, I know this hymn” 

I say out loud 

Everything echoing;

Old rugged cross

Old rugged cross

Grandma’s favorite hymnal !!

Uhmnn


Tears brimming

Some escaping

Eyes scanning

Phew

No peering eyes

Thankfully 


Lips pursed 

Chest tightening 

Legs crumbling 

Eyes closed 

Arms crossed

My God, I miss her!


Lips singing 

Song ending 

Tears dripping 

Dress wet

Eyes red

Nose running 

Head bowed.


The End.

Comments

  1. This is very captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandma was catholic and I remember singing a lot of catholic hymns with her, including the old rugged cross. Whenever I attend mass, listen or sing a catholic song, it brings back vivid memories of her and this definitely hit the spot! 🙇🏾

    May their souls rest in perfect peace ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwh. So much Love in your heart beautiful!!! She must be looking down and be proud of you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dolapo. We will continue to cherish the moments we had with her. She was an Angel. The old rugged cross indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DANGEROUS HOPE

My Heart Still Skips At the Thought of You

The girl in glasses